Windows Vista

Oh yeah...I misread the post...sorry. For RAM, you need at least 256MB RAm, 512MB is recommended, but 1GB RAM is for optimal performance. 5GB RAM on a machie don't exist. Server could do it

lhuser said:
Oh yeah...I misread the post...sorry. For RAM, you need at least 256MB RAm, 512MB is recommended, but 1GB RAM is for optimal performance. 5GB RAM on a machie don't exist. Server could do it

Bearing in mind that WinXP won't run on a machine with more than 4GB RAM, I can't see Vista being such a huge leap forward that it needs 5GB minimum :D

naw, i was talking about 2 GIGS of RAM. one of my friends told me that.. not for minimum requirements.. but to make it run without the pain of lag or anything.

also, i did a little bit of research and they said they're making a 32bit and a 64 bit edition for vista

The biggest thing is it's going to require a good graphics card.. the last generation dells with integrated video won't run it. For it to run smoothly and prettily you'll need a fully compliant DX9 card - right now the only integrated DX9 is the Radeon X200 chipset, most discrete graphics cards will run it without a problem. All the intel xtreme crap will have issues with Vista because it depends so heavily on the graphics card....

My intergrated VIA Unichrome Pro IGP would work...even with 8MB on it. Just, the effects won't be appearig. Plus, these appearances sucks the system's resources.

Windows Vista Enterprise can be ran on barebones and Vista Ultimate can be run on a server

Back
Top Bottom