Wireless router....

Alright we all know I'm a n00b when it comes to networking. A wired router perplexes me although I did it then. I am looking to set up a wireless network in my house, I basically want to use a PCI card on the one desktop PC thats mine. I want to use a USB port on the other desktop which is my brothers, will that affect the internet speed that much? And I want to get one for my brothers laptop for when he comes home from college, I don't want that one USB though.

Can anyone tell me how I can get those with this router?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833127028

Remember now, thats 1 PCI card, 1 for the side of a laptop, and one USB.

-Thanks!

basically you can use any brand you want. but I would stick with dlink since it's a good brand anyway.
it won't affect the internet speed at all, the only thing that will affect the speed is if you are downloading on one computer it will slow the connection down on all the others, but you know that. Depending on how much money you want to spend, I would recommend wireless G, or super G if you have the money, but G will do just fine. all you need to do is pick out a pci card, a usb adapter and a laptop card that say they work with 802.11g and you'll be all set. you got any more questions just hit me up on AIM.

Back
Top Bottom