Computer Upgrade

Windwaker222

In Runtime
I want to upgrade my computer but I don't know what would be the most important thing at the moment. This is my current setup :

AMD 64 3000+
Chaintech VNF4 Ultra (1 x PCI-E )
Chaintech 6600GT
1GB Corsair Value Select Ram ( 2 x 512 )

I don't know if I should wait for the M2 chipset is coming out or if I should go for the X2 processors right now. I'm happy enough with my performance right now but I really want it for the future.

So really the question here is X2 or M2?

Hold off on the upgrade. You got a decent looking system, similar to mine. I'm going for a new build later next year for the new stuff as well. Wait for M2 to come out and load it with Windows Vista.

Yer I agree, stick with that for a bit, until your wodded with cash, and then go mad and just have two computers

The only thing I could see you upgrade would be the CPU to like a 3500+ or higher...even an ADM 64 X2...but I wouldn't go there

if your current cpu is a socket 939 you could get an x2 processor and not have to buy a new motherboard, you would just need a bios upgrade to the motherboard. but as others have said, your system looks good for now, I wouldn't worry about upgrading for a bit.

other than getting rid of that chaincrap stuff you have.....lol

Back
Top Bottom