Please help with video card problems

Does this sound like a problem with my power supply not providing enough power to the computer? It says on the power supply, Up to 300 watts. Should I try installing the drivers after I take out a stick of ram to give it some more power.

i think that should be enough power because that isnt a really powerfull gpu, i think its the wrong drivers try finding an older driver on the ati website and see if that will work if it doesnt it is probably a problem with the card in which case u just send it back to newegg

I tried it after I took out a stick of ram and disconnected all the non essentials like the cd-rom and memory card reader. I have tried downloading an older driver already and got the same results. If you's think I should send the card back I will. This was their last one though. Here is my power supply info:
Thanks, Jim

288 watts
+12 volts at 19 amps

well.. if you can get a FULL refund.. i'd suggest it.. it seems like the card is going nowwhere

I would be losing what I paid shipping and a 9 dollar restocking fee. Doesnt seem like there should be a restocking fee since the card is defective.

I returned the old video card and I picked up an fx 5500, this time brand new. What can I expect from this card? Can I run madden or nhl on high?

I have the 5500 for AGP, I can play Half-Life 2 full settings and get about 23 fps, compared to if i used low I would get about 28

i used to have the 5700 it ran half life on medium pretty damn well untill i bought bf2 so then i picked me up a 6600gt :)

Back
Top Bottom