computer wont work ahhhh!

Could be a power issue. Dell's cicuity varies from Standard ATX PSUs. Plus, Dells are designed for their own mobos

im using the motherboard it came with the only things ive changed are the hard drive and the cpu, i dont think it likes the cpu

Im in the same boat as you gaming freak. Dell are shi* everyone, you cannot evan replace CPU fans, crap, crap, CRAP. There are a couple of things it could be, there might be a jumper on the MOBO somewhere, look for one, and switch it over, 2. Dell's power supply are wired differently, I had to replace mine, I once had a Dell Dimension 3000. Seemed good at the time, 80GB HDD, 512 RAM, very big TFT ( I think that means flatscreen ) DVD Burner, nice MOBO, no flaming AGP slots though which they failed to mention, got to use the PCI for everything, not an amazing MOBO, but all good for £280 at the time. As the days went on, I replaced every last thing, the only original parts is the keyboard and mouse, because I have to say are fantastic.

so u think its the power supply? i'll try another power supply in it tomorrow and let u know if it works if it doesnt im gona be really pissed off after spending $300 on a new cpu and hard drive

Back
Top Bottom