AGP or PCI-E

I have the same prob as elitemaple. I wanted the AGP input, but it is all soldered in, so I don't think, unless you send it off to DELL, you can get the AGP input, the Dimension 5100, has got everything, fantastic machine

yeah, well, I have acctually just begun building a computer so I guess this computer will just have to do until around christmas....then I'll have SLI BFG GeForce 7800GT OC cards..w00t :D

A motherboard without even AGP? Never heard of it, even my dads very old Compaq 570 that had a Intel Pentium 133MHz non MMX had an AGP slot. Thats odd that it only has PCI.

PCIE really is alot faster and better than AGP and will soon be the new standard. AGP runs at 2.1GB/s when PCIE runs at 4.0GB/s (8.0GB/s bi-directional) it's good for more than just gaming. HDTV greatly benifits the extra bandwidth and same with other video recording and high demanding 3-d graphics applications. also the PCIE design delivers more power 2 the card, thus making the card perform better. also PCIE lets u have dual graphics cards. now don't get me wrong the more the better and everything, but i just can't afford dual PCIE cards being 15 and without enough time for a job, plus i don't do dual monitors. so yea PCIE is definatly the new way 2 go. u can get more in-depth information from this site where i looked ^ the spisifics(sp) http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=pciegpuso&page=1&cookie_test=1

Back
Top Bottom