Win 2000 Pro Login Problem

Landon Parks

Solid State Member
I went into my Windows 2000 system and was trying to figure out how to setup a network with it. I maybe changed something I should not have (cant remember what all I did), but it told me I needed to restart the computer. When I did, I got the warning "Your system could not log you on. Make sure your username and domain are correct, then type your password again."

I know I had never changed the username or password... I had left it at "Administrator" with no password. Yet I get that warning when trying to log in.

I have also never set up any other usernames on the computer, so have no way to log onto the computer at all.

I have some VERY important files on it, so reformating is not an option, unless I can do it while still keeping my files.

Can someone tell me what to do? Thanks!

Landon Parks :cool:

AMEND: I sort of remember going into an area where you connect the computer to a workgroup, there I checked "Dont promp for password when loging on... Always asume "Administrator" is loging on" or something like that, it also had the option to prompt for a username and password. Then it had me restart the computer for the changes to take affect, thats all I remember.

Ever try booting into safe mode and then going into the admin user, and changing the password options for ur main user...?

I dont have the option to start in safe mode. I cant even get past the log on screen... I cliked "Shutdown" but all I got where "Shutdown" "Standby" and "Restart".. I didnt see anythink with safe mode in it.

I just did, and it still promps me for a username and password to get into windows, even in safe mode. Which brings me to the same problem, its not taking my username and or password.

I think I have somehow screwed it up, lol... Very badly. It wont even recognize "Admin" or "Administrator" as a log in name.

Is there someway to redo the system without lossing the files on it?

Back
Top Bottom