Uninstall/reinstall internet explorer 6

error75

Baseband Member
How do you uninstall and then reinstall I.E. 6
I even followed this , but it did not work that way it should have

Windows XP home w/sp2

Internet Explorer is part of the System, I deleted Internet Explorer from Windows XP once because I figured it was a waste of hard drive space once...Computer turned off, Didn't come back on.. Lost all my files, was quite funny afterwards

You can try going to the Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel. Then go into "Add or Remove Windows COmponents" and look for Internet Explorer. Take off the check mark and click Next. Never tried that before but I notice it's there.

who cares bout I.E use firefox. it way better in evy aspect. but still keep ie becuase fx dosent support active x so u cant update windows with fx.

Paradox said:
Wait Why do you want to reinstall IE 6.0 anyways?

To answer both this question and the one above it. I was trying to do an update and it said it was looking for the activex control, but couldn't find it. Also I tried watching a music video on launch.yahoo.com, but that didn't work either...that and the updates are about the only reason I use I.E. I figured if I could uninstall and then reinstall I.E. it would clear up the problem. Now my problem is that I got rid of I.E., but it won't let me reload it. Fuck computers piss me off.

Now now, dont get mad. How did you remove it? Did you delete iexplore? Or did you use another median?

If you deleted it it MIGHT be in the recycling bin. If it's not letting you install IE6 We might have to get Lord Kalthorn to get you a copy of that IE 7 he brags so much about.

Paradox said:
Now now, dont get mad. How did you remove it? Did you delete iexplore? Or did you use another median?

If you deleted it it MIGHT be in the recycling bin. If it's not letting you install IE6 We might have to get Lord Kalthorn to get you a copy of that IE 7 he brags so much about.

I used the add/remove windows components, but that doesn't actually delete it but just makes it so it's not on your desktop or anything because I could still do a search on it and find it on the computer. Then I followed the steps in microsoft help sheet that I linked to which is suppose to trick the computer into letting you reinstall I.E. even though it already on the computer...you know the "a new version is already installed" and well that didn't work either. But somehow I know do even have I.E. when I do a search. So nope I didn't actually delete anything with the use of the delete button.

Back
Top Bottom