AMD X2 3800+ or AMB 64 4000+

The 7800GTX is only the beginning with Nvidia. They're coming out with something in early 2006. The 7800GTX is pretty fast and that is what I would get. Get the one that's factory OCed.

I keep thinking it can't be that simple. They got to know that people can OC their own video cards, so they come out with a faster card for you to OC it to. Maybe we can OC further on top of the factory OC and still run stable.

yes, nvidia lost a whole bunch of money on their 6800Ultra video cards. People would just buy the 6800GT and oc them to Ultra speeds and beyond.

MSI makes a "Lite" version of their 7800GTX. It's dirt cheap (in 7800GTX standards), but stock settings aren't as high as some of the other 7800GTX's. Most people tend to buy the cheapest video cards available and OC the crap out of it. I guess they call it, "best bang for the buck".

The MSI "Lite" is just a OEM version of the Retail 7800 GTX. Haha, so it's a bit cheaper because you don't get the extra software (becides the drivers) and you don't get any adapters/connectors.

Back
Top Bottom