Micro ATX Motherboard ?

jmiller18

Baseband Member
So I want to get a smaller case so I thought of the Aspire M-ATX.
If I was to use this Motherboard(click on " Manufacturer Product Specifications " for more) and put an ATI x850xt in the AGP slot could I do so ? Could I shut off the onboard ? ( I have an AMD Barton 2800 CPU )

P.S. I image so since they put a blank AGP slot but I am just making shure. And also do normal ATX PSUs fit in MATX ?

Power supplies are pretty much universal in size. If your motherboard has an AGP slot, you may use that slot for a new video card. Don't disable anything just yet. A lot of motherboards autodetect the video card and disable the onboard when the AGP slot is used.

Actually, I take that back:

ATX: 6x3.5x5.5", HxWxD. Most common. Uses 4 mounting screws.

Mini-ATX: 5x3.5x5", HxWxD. Rare size. Uses 4 mounting screws. Can be used in a regular ATX case, but often not the other way around.

MicroATX: 5x3x4", HxWxD. Use 3 mounting screws. Not interchangeable with ATX or miniATX.

Flex ATX: Even smaller than Micro ATX. Various sizes according to case specs; often not interchangeable.

TRDCorolla said:
Aren't the x850xt PCI-e video cards? If so, that motherboard won't support it because it needs an AGP video card.

Nope. The X850 XT PE comes in AGP too. It's currently the fastest AGP GPU in the market :D

Back
Top Bottom