Best media player?

For music, Windows Media Player is the best for me. Movies, I use WinDVD. That is the best program I have ever used when it comes to playing DVDs. The sound controls are excellent.

acphenom said:
Hell no, RealPlayer is like WMP, only it plays Real files. RealAlternative is what ya need.

And Winamp ain't no resource hog. If you not got much RAM, use the classic skin, otherwise the modern skin is fine.

I tried WinAmp and I have 1gb of frickin' RAM, when I would drag it around the screen it would kinda lag. It would also close to the desktop slower than WMP.

BTW, just so you know RealPlayer got ranked the best media player by PCWorld Magazine (beating out WMP and WinAmp).

TRDCorolla said:
For music, Windows Media Player is the best for me. Movies, I use WinDVD. That is the best program I have ever used when it comes to playing DVDs. The sound controls are excellent.

Yeah, I just use Windows Media Player for my music, but I use DivX Player for my movies.

alvino said:
I tried WinAmp and I have 1gb of frickin' RAM, when I would drag it around the screen it would kinda lag. It would also close to the desktop slower than WMP.

BTW, just so you know RealPlayer got ranked the best media player by PCWorld Magazine (beating out WMP and WinAmp).

I'm not sure why it's like that on your machine, but on my laptop right now, I have Winamp playing some tunes in the background, only using up 7MB RAM, and there's definitely not a lag when I move the Media Library, Playlist Editor etc.

And I never do watch those awards thingies, cause they're just scams imo.

Obviously, they didn't take into consideration that you have to pay for some of its services, and it's a resource hog. Also, when I played videos in it, I could never cut it down to a compact mode, like DivX Player can, and Winamp is.

So I don't use it for videos, and I'd never use it for music when I have Winamp and hell, even WMP.

I still use the good traditional Winamp, one of, if not the, best MP3 players out there, although i still occasionally use Windows Media Player ...

I like winamp for one reason, that bluetooth plug in for it. If you have got the right phone, you can control winamp from your phone, very useful, got it myself. Fantastic

Back
Top Bottom