Please help - cannot uninstall programs after fresh XP installation,only 3gb left :(

joxley1990

Golden Master
Ok, so I had to reinstall windows after having very very bad problems, reinstalled everything, everything nice and fast, then I reset my computer and the programs on the first installation are still installed,( I found them in program files) but do not appear in add/remove programs menu. I thought it would just be the shortcuts but the whole programs are still installed and can be run, BUT DO NOT APPEAR IN ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS OR START MENU OR DESKTOP!! I really really need to get rif of them as what was a 100gb hard drive is down to about 5 :(

Intel Celeron Processor
2GB RAM
100gb GD
Matrox Dual Head :D
Not forgetting, had to be said, 120DB 7set speaker system - bloody fantastic!!

Re: Please help - cannot uninstall programs after fresh XP installation,only 3gb left :(

Umm... if they aren't in add remove programs they won't be in the registry; just delete the folders.

Re: Please help - cannot uninstall programs after fresh XP installation,only 3gb left :(

Yeah, I had a similar problem when I put my program files on a different partition. You're just gonna have to delete the whole folder and install all the programs again, and make sure it's on your Windows partition.

I've only got windows installed at the moment :( - hate it. Is there a crap free registry cleaner out there, would be nice?

Never mind about that at the moment sorry - don't know what I was thinking. How do I find out how many partitions there are?

You can eye it in My Computer. You should see different volumes set up in there. Try doing a complete reformat of the hard drive first before installing XP.

I use my C: partition for Windows and programs, whilst D: is where I store the contents of My Documents.

I'd reccommend that you do it this way.

Ok yer cool. How would I make a new partition...sorry about the lack of knowledge, I know rather alot for my age, appareently, I am still in school and I am told I can sit back all year this year in school, do abs nothing and come out with an A* in the GCSE exam :D...but anyway bak to the partition?...#

Thanks Guys

lol, I'm in the same boat, I'm only 15. :D

Aite, anyway, to create a partition, it's best doing it in the Windows Installation Program, if you choose to install XP again, but if you don't, then you'll need some program, like PartitionMagic. Luckily, I have a version of PartitionMagic on 2 floppy disks. Sadly, I haven't been able to find them on the web, so I can't help you there, my friend.

Is there a chance you could get the files from the discs and email them over, if your email provider won't let you send files that big then i'll set you up with a gmail, you can send 2GB of files and you have got 2.5gb ( and growing..second...by second ) of storage.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom