My Pc So Cold!!!

ACDC ROX said:
yes i know i do have some issues but...i have two 80mm is back 2 80mm in front and a side thing on the side that is not anything

the only thing i could do was take out those dumb-azz vents in the back. they are air killing! but i cant get them out. anyone know how to get them out

are you talking about the fan grills that are metal? I dremeled mine out :D or just take a pair of tin snips and cut them out. The dremel works wonders though.

My SONY RB30 CPU is running 55 Degrees Centigrade, thats after putting a new Motherboard on it yesterday under warranty. Was the same before the new mobo.

ya my mobo is idle at 55c and i am 12 i dont have a dremel and i shouldnt be working on my comp as it is like my mom gets mad if i work on my com[

ownage said:
is that 55C under load or Idle? If its idle, that is WAY too hot.

Thats (55C)under load, it hovers right around 40C at idle. have told Sony about it twice but they won't comment on it. Think there strategy is to hope it last thru the warranty period so they won't have to put out any money. When the technican moved the cpu and heatsink/fan assembly over to the new board he didn't clean and redress the top of the cpu. When asked about it he said Sony didn't include it( silver salve, I call it) in there box of replacement parts so he wouldn't touch it. Guess I'll find a better heat sink and put it on, any suggestions.

did he apply any thermal paste? im assuming that he just used the old one. Whenever you remove the heatsink, always redress the thermal paste. A good thermal paste is artic silver 5.

Back
Top Bottom