Battlefield 2 Graphics Problem

kyleman999

Daemon Poster
If any of you are familiar with bf2, on big maps with many mountains and valleys such as Dragon Valley, FuShe Pass and more. I get this really anoying probably related to my video. When I first got bf2 i was using an older patch and running my resolution on 1280x960 (I dont know why) and everything was good. When I Downlaoded the new patch I put my resolution up to 1280x1024. And this is when the problem started. Whenever i'm in a vehicle, preferably a helicopter. When I go near the mountains, I see them all starting to remold - Like re-form infront of me , changing to the shape they're supposed to be. Its as if when im far , the mountains mold outwards and as I come near they remold back to how their supposed to. Hopfully you understand what i'm saying here lol.

Well my rigs in my sig. The first thing I tryed was to get XFX videocard drivers since my friend told me , if you get the drivers from your *make* instead of nvidia.com you'll get better preformance. So I tryed it but XFX had out dated drivers so I just scraped it.

I tryed updating my videocard drivers. All my settings on bf2 are full except Lighting - Medium, and Textures - Medium.

Any suggestions??

Thats not a fault in that sense.

Many games do that, and I do know what you mean by them forming infront of you.
It happens on many games, and is called pop-up. Of course with mountains, etc, they don't just pop up, yet, they go from a rather primitve layout and as you get closer, the polygon rate increases, and so they change shape rather significantly.

Try putting the lighting to high if this bothers you. You may find with it high, fog appears or something which blocks you from seeing the forming mountains until they come through the fog and show.

If that doesn't work, check for something in the settings about View Distance, or Draw Distance. This would also do the same thing, as it changes the rate in which objects change, or dissapear from view when the camera gets too far away.

This was acceptable in old games of course, but nowadays, i don't think it is.

Maybe if it didn't do that in the old patch, maybe the new patch included that feature because some computers were having problems drawing the full amount. So just try switching settings to see what improves it.

I hope this helps.

It dosesn't bother me to the point i'm so anoyed i'm not going to play. But I was just wondering what was causing this, I never saw it before.

Yeah, it will be a setting, or they did it on purpose because of the maps being so big, they couldn't have all the models ready made.

What they chose to do in that case is use mathematical equations while programming to build the mountain instead when you get close to it. So you'll find thats how its done.

If theres a fog feature, you could try turning this on, or again, a distance setting.

I wouldn't of expected this to still appear in games though. Atleast where the camera can still see them.

Back
Top Bottom