WMP Steaming Video - Running in Slow-mo

grimaldi

Beta member
Right, When I stream video on the internet it generally streams fine (if it used Quicktime / Real). But when I have to use Windows Media Player it runs fine occasionally ...but most of the time it plays in slow motion and I really don't know why?
It hasn't got anything to do with the actual clips themselves as I have played the one I'm testing on now in a different player at normal speed. And this problem also occurs in the 2 browsers I've tested (IE and Firefox).

Windows XP - SP2
Athlon 2500+
512 DDR RAM 333
Geforce 4 ti 4200 128mb
On my computer I have WMP10.

Thanks in advance chaps, I really don't know where to start with this (i've tried right clicking the video and putting the play speed on fast and nothing happened :p ;))

I think because quicktime streams are smaller than windows media player so media player would thus lagg since it streams at a higher bitrate?

i'm taking a random stab at it I really dont know lol

Check this bit is set like mine on the tools, options, then the performance tab:

This is the image that the setting should be like, becuase it works fine for me with these settings,

wmpsettingperm.jpg

If you cant see that, do this:
1. Make sure the first thing is detect connection speed (recommended) - Check that.
2. Make sure that use default buffering is checked.
3. Make sure video acceleration is full.

Thats it
Hope this works and helps, Add to my rep if it does the scales symbol

Webmonkey
A.K.A Steven12

Yeah thats what I have the options on :confused:
Wierd problem, i have no Spyware etc, I've checked for that also

Back
Top Bottom