Firewall Conflict Causing Windows to Not Properly Load?

Kuberr

Daemon Poster
I recently installed Kapersky Firewall. After Kapersky Firewall prompted me to restart, I did so. Unfortunetely, now Windows won't load. As in, it'll log in, but the "apply user settings" or whatever it is will stay there for about 5 minutes, then in another 5 minutes, it will make up the startup noise, but I can't see my desktop. I see the wallpaper, but no Start Menu or Desktop Icons. I can do Ctrl+Alt+Delete to access Task Manager, but Task Manager never comes up.

It's been about 16 minutes and still nothing. I'm thinking that it might be a firwall conflict, as I'd already installed McAfee Anti-Virus (I recently downloaded a huge payload of spyware by accident and have been testing out different programs to detect all of them.) Should I uninstall McAfee? In Safe Mode? Or do I have to reformat?

Never mind. After 20 minutes, a dialog box appeared and said that I need to replace some files, and I did, and everything loads fine now. I haven't tried to restart again, but I did uninstall McAfee. I would still like opinions though on if this could have been caused by conflicting firewalls.

um i dont like kasperky or w/e

zone alarm/zone labs or w/e is so awesome! and pro...that is great but u have to pay, but u do get a 15 day trial

sounds like it may have messed with your registry...but i wouldn't know for sure. hm that's really odd... The only think that i could think of would be registry.

Back
Top Bottom