Wireless: Limited or no connectivity

un4given1

In Runtime
I get this every so often on my school's network. I don know what the problem is. Like right now, I have "excellent" connection, however, at any given moment it can pop up and say "limited or no connectivity" but it will still have an "excellent" signal.

Any reason why? I've had it do this on a few networks before but my school it's more often. It's like on and off... Here's what I'm seeing..

First tab...
showimage.php

Second tab...
showimage.php

Try resetting your modem or getting them to reset the modem. I think the problem is that an i.p. address is trying to be set to your comp and it has a hard time trying to do it. I'm thinking that people with better knowledge of networking might be able to help you. But that's from my knowledge so yeah.

No, ask them to reset their modem. I used to get the same thing as you all the time. I would just reset my modem and wireless router and I would connect just fine.

Youre gonna need to first restart the computer with the wireless router (most likely the teacher's computer). Then you have to restart the rest of the computers in the room. This is to "refresh" the network. I suggest that you restart all computers and hardware in the school network so that it can be refreshed and solve any network problems.

In my classroom, the teacher's computer has a wireless router that connects to the school network through ethernet. The rest of the computers in the classroom connect to the router. Before restarting the teacher's computer (which has been on for like 2 months), all the wireless connections in the class were soooo slow (1-2Mbps) - took forever to log in. When I restarted the rest of the computers in the class, all of the wireless connections suddenly rebounded to like (54 Mbps).

Back
Top Bottom