vaios different ram

maanico1

In Runtime
does anyone know why sont vaio uses sdram instead of so dimm ram... its weird thought because its hard to find sdram thats pc-2100 266 mhz

Only problem with those propietary companies and the like. Sony and dell especially do things their own way. YOu would have to ask sony why, but they would probably say that that's the way they built the comp and you bought it, most likely knowing the specs, and it's your fault. Newegg.com, monarchcomputers.com, amazon.com, ebay.com, and local comp shops are places where you can search.

ohhh, i see... i just didnt realize it when i bought it, i just didnt think it was possible

can someone please please help, ive been through sony support and they were really no help...

jac006 said:
Only problem with those propietary companies and the like. Sony and dell especially do things their own way. YOu would have to ask sony why, but they would probably say that that's the way they built the comp and you bought it, most likely knowing the specs, and it's your fault. Newegg.com, monarchcomputers.com, amazon.com, ebay.com, and local comp shops are places where you can search.

SDRAM is not proprietary.

maanico1 said:
Memory specifications required to upgrade the Memory (RAM).

When purchasing memory to install into the computer, select SDRAM meeting the following specifications and guidelines:

* Double Data Rate-Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory (DDR-SDRAM)
* PC-2100
* 266MHz

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145113

if those are the specs, will this one work?

Well, in your original post, you spoke of SO-DIMM RAM, which leads me to believe that you are talking about a laptop. If so, that RAM will not work in it. However, if it's for a desktop, it should work fine.

but they say that it takes sd-ram, but ive known laptops to take sodimm.. im just really confused (it is a laptop btw)

Back
Top Bottom