Graphics card dilemma.

theghostyouare

Beta member
I have managed to get my computer screen to show up on my tv and on my computer. Unfortunately, when I play a video, it does not show up on the tv. How can I fix this?

Also, what is a good program to convert avi files to burn a dvd that will play in a dvd player?

Please, Thanks,

Matt

When you say that you cannot see playing video does that include "non-full screen mode", ie, does any DVD's/video playing within a mediaplayer window not show.

I'm not exactly sure of your setup (please specify more) but I'm guessing that if all is fine on your standard Monitor, it could be something to do with any anti-pirating measures that are often built into media programs and drivers.

Whats your specs and display setups, as well as the software you are using. I know that ATI in the past made you choose which display to use for video - Monitor or external TV, so I'm guessing this problem is along those lines.

Still, give me the extra info and while your at it, check to see if such driver options are availible for you to solve your problems. If it is absolutely nessesary for you to display video on both displays at the same time, I'm guessing one option would be to use modified drivers/software, but that cannot be discussed here.

I dont know how to lower the resolution on my tv. I have it displayed on both at the same time. Everything else, like the desktop, photoshop, aim, etc. shows up. Full screen mode doesnt show it either.

I have a:
3200+ AMD Athalon
512 MB of DDR SDRam
Graphics Card is a ATI RADEON 9250.....256mb ddr pci bus

Well, I think its stopped deliberatly by the software your using or your graphics card drivers. See what settings are availible for this but I'm certian you'll only be able to use one display for video at a time.

Back
Top Bottom