Good LCD brand?

xTc

Baseband Member
Hi, I am planning on buying an LCD panel. And i dun really noe much about LCD specs n models n stuff. Just wondering yous can give me some tips n which brand and models are gd, as in colour, response price and all that.

thats alot!

Well, what's your budget? Sony makes some good ones, but, in my opinion, if anything at all, dell makes some great lcd's for some great prices.

well, my budget would around $500 AU which works out to be around $370 US.

when looking at the specs wat does ms mean? corse some are liek 8ms and some are 12ms, wat does that mean and wats the optimun i should get? and wats a gd brightness (eg 250 cd/m2) and contrast (eg 500:1)?

ms is just response time. I would go for 8ms. That's the best settings, at least, for me. Brightness is good 250 cd/m2, yeah. Contrast is always big. You'll see more with a 1000:1, but 500:1 is ok...

Acer, NEC, ProView and Dell make some really nice LCD monitors. Generally, 12ms response time is pretty good for just normal use, but if you're a hardcore gamer, go for 6-8ms response time.

Sony makes average LCDs. Same with Samsung, Viewsonic and LG. They're good for normal use, but picture quality wise, they aren't as good.

I would go with Viewsonic or dell. dell monitors in my opinion are the best but they will cost more.

Back
Top Bottom