Buying Laptop or making one?

Half Evil

Golden Master
Yeah im not sure what to do. I can get a laptop from dell for $499.99 or try and make a laptop although i will be limited on parts that i use. Do you guys have any suggestions for me? Like brand to go with, or if i were to make one, a site for laptop parts. thanks.

I personally think you should just buy one retail instead of building one. Did you plan on making it into a gaming laptop? If so, you can try building it. I never done that before.

Go with either Compaq or Dell. Compaq has the mobile Turion 64 available and Centrino if you want to go that route.

Building a laptop is fun and is a good experience, if you have the money. If you don't just settle for a good pre-built one.

With a 500 USD budget, I wouldn't (IMHO) go for it. You might be spending more than it's worth if you could of gotton, say a HP or Compaq. If you had around maybe a 900 USD...then you could....but 500 is a bit low to be building a laptop.l

i wouldnt try building unless u really know what ur doin. Its not like a pc. Trust me ive opened one up. They arent that fun.

well its not even for me its for my mom. its just simple things, like word processing, internet (wifi of course) maby some generic games, off of some .com web sites. but nothing more just generic, no hard core games, actually no instellation games at all unless i can find a good one and get cs:s source on it :p but yeah, just something simple.

ChuNalt787 said:
i wouldnt try building unless u really know what ur doin. Its not like a pc. Trust me ive opened one up. They arent that fun.

I've built one, so it's actually not hard. Just make sure you have patience and take your time.

Back
Top Bottom