networking??

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
ok,
i have a broadband connection into a dlink router. from the router going to one room, i have a ethernet cable to first p.c. going to another room i have a second ethernet cable going to a second p.c. i have also got a laptop (wireles).
question 1) do i need anything else to set up a home network, so that the second computer can use the printer in the first computer?
question 2) do i just have to run the network set up wizzard on both p.cs to get them networked?
question 3) do i have to change any settings in the router?
woz

1) no, the only thing you will have to do is add the printer to your printer list.
2)Yes
3)Most likly no.

1) ( do this on second comp.) control panel/printers and hardware /printers and faxes/add a printer (search for printer on network)

2)i dont think so

3)no unless u wanna host games and such

1) The computer with the printer (set to be shared) must be on at all times in order to print. If you have a print server installed, then the printer can be on its own.
2) You can run the wizard, but you have to make sure that the workgroup names are identical on all the computers
3) Most likely no

AnonymousI said:
1) The computer with the printer (set to be shared) must be on at all times in order to print. If you have a print server installed, then the printer can be on its own.
2) You can run the wizard, but you have to make sure that the workgroup names are identical on all the computers
3) Most likely no

For 1)
I forgot about the printer computer having to be turned on. i'm not used to that because my router has a USB port to add your printer to to eliminate(SP) that problem. If at all possible plug your printer into your router if it has a USB port or parallel port (depends on what your printer uses).

Back
Top Bottom