tv inspector guy came

If im understanding this right you pay that 200 in place of advertisements? I would just rather have the commercials

200 bux is way too much. i could understand sumthin like 20 but 200 a year is too much for most people. Thats really stupid. Here in the good ole U S of A we dont have any taxes like that.

well it is for a while year... thats like less than $20 a month... so yeah, but still if you just own the tv to play xbox or what ever it kinda makes the whole thing really stupid and stuff.

Chris

Seriously...some commercials are fun to laugh at, and those Victoria Secret models are good to look at. :D I'd rather have commercials than pay some fee to take them out. Bleh

That's some kinda miserable. You need to pay for a license of your own tv? what else you are paying there for a license except for TV?

Feircepc said:
that must stink lol. get a tv tuner or something lol. wait does that count as a tv? man they are cruel over there.

actually I was thinking of this. Not just because of the tv license. But because of my monitor being 6" larger than me little TV. :D
And though it will count as a TV, I don't think that the inspector guys are enough smart to notice it. But I might aswell keep my TV, coz I'm never letting them in.

yes, TV tuner cards require a TV license...

you can get a cheaper TV license for watching in Black and white. and pensioners get a discount.
but anything other than a battery powered portable TV needs a license.

spank_fusion said:
Hmmmm.... if you just use your TV to play videogames, do you still have to pay for the license?

Can anyone answer that? And as for the license fee and those complaining about it, most people have cable or satellite TV these days ranging from $30 to $70 per month depending on the type of service. That's anywhere from $360 to $840! So if you think $200/year is a lot for TV, check your own cable bill. You might be surprised.

Tommy Boy said:
wow, here in the USA, you get tv for free, all you need is a tv and an antenna on your roof. Of course, I have Directv (satellite dish) so I pay 35 bucks a month but I have like 250 channels.....lol

I hear ya on that tip, that whole licence thing is total BS and would'nt fly in the US, and i'm down with the satalite tv too.

Back
Top Bottom