Setting up a network

DJ Stephen

Fully Optimized
How do i do this? I have one setup by the belkin router, one pc on ethernet and one on wireless with a belkin usb connector. What i want to know is how do i setup a network on windows so i can share printers, becuase it is not completely wireless with one computer on ethernet, I want to be able to share files, drives, and printers.

Thanks in advance.
Steven

sorry steve, i just posted the same thing.
you might be able to follow the instructions on the microsoft site.
i did and had some succsess.
woz

Steven12 said:
How do i do this? I have one setup by the belkin router, one pc on ethernet and one on wireless with a belkin usb connector. What i want to know is how do i setup a network on windows so i can share printers, becuase it is not completely wireless with one computer on ethernet, I want to be able to share files, drives, and printers.

Thanks in advance.
Steven

So you have 2 different routers? One wireless and one wired, or does your router have wired and wireless?

all you need to do is run the network setup wizard on one computer, it will then ask you if you want to create a disk for the other computers, do that, use a floppy disk and take it to the other computers and run it and you will have the network setup. XP makes it really easy.

To share a printer, right click the printer icon in the control panel on the computer that the printer is hooked up to and click sharing, click on "share this printer" and give it a name. Then turn on the printer and the other computers, go to the other computers, go to the printers control panel and click "add a printer", click on network printer, tell it to browse for the printer, it should detect it, click on the printer, click next and you should be all set.

oo i had to do the exact same thing when i got a router and new computer. ok so if u wanna share folders and files, jus right click the folder and go to the tab sharing. then check the box that says "share this fold on network" and check the box below it if you want to allow the other computer to edit the contant of this folder.

hmm sharing printers.....i ahve to look dat up

Tommy Boy said:
all you need to do is run the network setup wizard on one computer, it will then ask you if you want to create a disk for the other computers, do that, use a floppy disk and take it to the other computers and run it and you will have the network setup. XP makes it really easy.

To share a printer, right click the printer icon in the control panel on the computer that the printer is hooked up to and click sharing, click on "share this printer" and give it a name. Then turn on the printer and the other computers, go to the other computers, go to the printers control panel and click "add a printer", click on network printer, tell it to browse for the printer, it should detect it, click on the printer, click next and you should be all set.

If both computers are using XP you don't need to make a floppy. if one is using something below XP then you need to make one. you still need to run network wizard on both though.

Yes but running the network wizard one of the compueters are on wireless, so basically one is on wireless from my belkin router and one is on ethernet from it, and the wireless is using belkins software, I want to be able to share and everything with the windows network, but the router doesnt have a usb port.

hope you don't think i am hijacking your thread steve. but i have a question.
once you have run your wizard, what does the connection show up as?
i ran it on my two, and the second computer showed as BRIDGED??
is that correct? and also it would not hook up to the internet. i suspect it might be my router.
woz

Back
Top Bottom