Repost Reformat/cleanup

cajinfry

Beta member
I have an old computer that I am wanting to reformat or cleanup for my kids. It will only be used for games. I have a good graphics card do I dont need any advice there. This is my problem. I use to have windows 98se on it, My neighbor who worked for Dell brought me a few years ago some type of disc that upgraded to XP. It say Reinstallation on it. Anyways I have my CD's from 98se but I dont have the code to re-enter when I reinstall it. So any help to do the following would be great. I want either A) remove XP and put back 98, since most of the games were bought for that OS. or just clean up/reformat what I have without wiping out the hard drive. I can buy more games if I need to I just want to get it done. The computer just has junk on it I dont want on there anymore. Note I have gone thru and did the add/remove of some programs but there has to be a better way. :confused: :confused: :confused:

To really get it all cleaned out you should reformat/reinstall windows. The games you bought for 98SE will work just as good on XP as they would on 98. if you lost your CD key for 98 then you can't reinstall it. Did the XP one come with a CD-key?

Yes it did, My only concern is that it is not a full version. I have the CD and it say on it. "Reinstallation CD". So I would hate to reformat it all and not be able to reinstall either OS on to the system. I would be scared to do it. Althogh I guessing it wouldnt be that hard to get a key code for 98

To get your CD key on 98 download a program called Everest(google it). this program tells you almost everything about your computer. in the program theres a place in the OS section that shows you your CD key.

Back
Top Bottom