Serious Pc problem please help

The_Conmaster

Baseband Member
My computer has just recently started playing up. When im playing a game for like 20 or more mintues all of a sudden it freezes and then 20 secs later the display cuts out and the light on the monitor goes orange and the whole thing becomes unresponsive. I have no idea why its doing this it only started last weekend. Please help!!!!!
These are my pc specs AMD Sempron 3000+ Socket A, 512mb pc2700 ram, 40gb HDD/200gb HDD, ATI Radeon 9800SE.

The mobo could be shorting to the mobo tra. This happened to me and the mobo was the problem. When you play games, your computer heats up, and the mobo expands and so does the tray, if the touch, it'll short, and your comp will go into standby or shut down so it won't fry. Try using longer screws to mount the mobo. It could also be overheating. Also, I have seen Ram cause this problem.

I don't know how a graphics card could shut the system down tho, do you have any fans or cooling devices?

OOOh, that cold be the problem, download Lavasoft EVEREST, and check your temps. If it's overheating these things can happen. But i still think it could be the motherboard shorting to the case.

I found the place in it that checks temps

Motherboard: 47*C (117*F)
CPU: 48*C (118*F)
WDC WD2000BB-00GUA0 39*C (102*F)
Seagate ST340015A 37*C (99*F)

Thats what its at now

your cpu and mobo look very hot. Especially the mobo. Get some case fans and air flow through that case.

Back
Top Bottom