Lightscribe DVD burners

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Anyone use these burners yet? Lightscribe technology allows the DVD burner to create a graphics label of any kind right on top of the media. How cool is that?

Father has one, its pretty cool but it would be better if they could get some color in there some how....also takes a little time to do.

I have it, it creates black and white images...to bad I don;t have the disks, way too expensive

Cheers! :)

TRDCorolla said:
Anyone use these burners yet? Lightscribe technology allows the DVD burner to create a graphics label of any kind right on top of the media. How cool is that?

Aopen does these. I think I can get one for like $200-300

Will it take regular CDs and DVDs though or are there special disc you need to buy to make this work? I saw HP has one at Costco the other day...I had no idea this technology existed. Got me all excited.

TRDCorolla said:
Will it take regular CDs and DVDs though or are there special disc you need to buy to make this work? I saw HP has one at Costco the other day...I had no idea this technology existed. Got me all excited.

This is on for a little while. I knew it like 3 months ago.

YOu need a blank OEM CD/DVD for that. A white label on the CD helps a lot too

Some of Lightscribe can do colors...but hese are exessivly expensive

I wonder how come I haven't heard of this yet. I usually follow up on technology pretty close. Must have not been paying attention to burners. Sounds good though. So any media will do...I'm going to get one installed on my next build in 2006.

Wow i never knew they had color ones?! that would be cool to have thats for sure but prolly not worth the $$$$$ I think we have used our black and white one.....maybe 2-3 times. lol.

Back
Top Bottom