Optical Mouse Problems

Vandiyan

In Runtime
I just got an optical mouse today and seem to be having some trouble with it. At times when I move the mouse say up and to the right it will "jolt" down to the bottom left really quick. Sometime it will not respond to my movements as well as my old ball mouse. Any suggestions?

Ok I think that I might have figured out the problem. Should an optical mouse sit on something that will not reflect the light all that much. I had it on a mouse pad and it was really bad. The pad has a shine to the top of it. I then put it on the desk directly and it did not help at all. Now I just put it on a few sheets of paper and it seems to be working fine. Could this had been the problem?

If the pad is highly reflective, it will have problems with the sensors. I just use my desktop, no pads of any kind. Then again, I have an oak table.

don't necessarily need a mousepad for an optical mouse, but if your desk and your mousepad are reflective like you said, then get a "rubberish" mousepad....lol
I have an optical, and the only reason I use a mousepad is so I don't hear the scraping sound across my desk when I move the mouse.

Back
Top Bottom