Projector or monitor

depends realy, do you realy need a big ass screen and loss of detail?

do you also have a free wall to shine it on?

I would personally go with a monitor, unless I got a HD Projector, but I'm sure you can't put out $60,000 for one... so I would go with the monitor :p
I actually want dual monitors soon... Viewsonic LCD, 4ms response time... mmm sexy. :p

Chris

that'd be incredible, you would have to sit in the dark, and miles in front of a wall, but no problems with size lol. They are expensive though, for a good one expect to shell out £1000 ($2000 according to my estimates). I'd love to do it, its probably cheaper to get 2 or 3 screens and shove em on a wall, your choice, personally, I'd get a projector.

A projector can go up to several feet, but the quality generally gets worse if you make it bigger. If you can afford a nice widesceen monitor go for it.

In my opinion, I'd get a monitor. A projector is too hard to set since of all the stuff and carack that may be on a wall. I hate projectors. The only thing I am going to ask is, Are you going to use it for presentaions and stuff? If no, then go with monitors. I preffer projectors on a presentation only. Never EVER use that as your primary screen. Plus, I use my TV for presentations so...lol

anyways, I hope you got my point

Well projectors are pretty good as a TV replacement because of the size it can go up to. Nowadays, we have it good...DLP is awesome...HD quality pictures on a projector...all from a chip. :) But, yeah, I'd go with a monitor.

If you plan on watching movies and such, a projector OWNS compared to the high cost HD plasma TVs. Surprisingly ultra clear!!! Just be aware that if you use it to watch TV on a consistant basis, the bulb will burn out prematurely and that will cost an arm and a leg to replace.

yeah, the bulbs are really expensive as I hear.. Which is why I would personally go with a monitor over a projector, atleast intill they inprove on the technology.
Heck, why don't you get one of those hologram things :D (hahaha, just kidding)

Chris

Back
Top Bottom