Puzzled :S

Stavroz

Beta member
Ok im building a pc with top Gameing Gear and dual AMD 64fx-4000+ processor but, im puzzled on what's best Graphics card to get?. The newest Radeon? or new Geforce 7800 series?. I need advice plz :confused:

It depends on your preference with chip.

in my opinion, they are just as good as each other, with a slight fps difference on each card, on every test. Sometimes the 7800 wins, and sometimes the ATI version wins.

I would personally go for the 7800GTX Ultra, which is simply the best card out there, comparing, and sometimes bettering the ATI version of their card.

Though, you'll pay a premium for this top gear, but hey, you'll be getting very high framerates, even when running at top settings, in every game out, and probably for a very long time. So theres that factor.

The only bad factor with a card this powerful is that your CPU tends to make a bottleneck for the system, so that the card can only send a certain FPS limit to the screen after it hits a threshold.
Not to worry though, since you have a very fast processor, and it should cope.

So yeah, good look on choosing, but it seems like you go for the best hardware, so I guess it'll have to be a discison based on your part, simply because they are so closely matched. you wouldn't do wrong getting any :)

yeah i agree they both have been having a bit of a Race to top of market.i think i shall go with 7800Gtx Ultra as most say to do so and i prefer it too myself. Thx anyway the info was helpfull. :D

If your getting a top gaming PC get 2 7800gtx ultra's. i don't think ATI has made SLI function yet with their cards but i'm not sure because i havn't read up on the new ATI cards.

I'm using the ATI Radeon X700 with AGP interface, works fine for my setup and I've had no complaints as of yet. However, PCI Express is obviously going to dominate the market soon so I would consider that while making a video card decision.

Well i hear Certain graphics card work better with different CPU's e.g Geforce Best with AMD and Radeon Best with Intel. to be honest i dont see how that would be diffrent?. i like the idea of x2 7800 gtx ultras i give it go later in time.

Thats rubbish. You can choose any graphics card for what ever system you have, so don't worry at all about that.

As for running in SLI, it'll just mean buying a SLI motherboard that supports the feature at a later date, and affording another 7800GTX Ultra, which might have by then dropped in price. You never know ;)

Ok thx again for that info, my foolish m8 yet i now have to slap has had me puzzled on that 1 for some time. This is good place to get info and fast :) ty all.

Back
Top Bottom