Computer Clicks on Boot

karling07

Daemon Poster
I just built a PC for myself. It has two 30gig HDs (have been used before by me), an AMD 2000+XP processor, 128MB RAM, and currently no vid card.

I got impatient cuz i really wanted to see if the thing would turn on. So, because my vid card hasnt come yet, i just booted up the PC with no monitor, just to see if it would turn on.

It did turn on, but when it did, two clicks came from the PC. Nothing else really happened (not that i really wouldn't noticed anyways with no monitor...)

So I'm just wondering, could these two clicks be a bad sign that when i do get my vid card, im not going to like what i see? I've heard of clicks meaning dead HDs. But it only does two clicks, and this is like 2 seconds after it being turned on...

Any ideas? Maybe its fine?

Thanks!

I'm experimenting, not trying to create some mega PC. Just thought it might be fun to build a PC... I bought 512MB additional RAM which is coming and a 128MB vid card... So it should work fine.

I really was looking for opinions on the issue moreso than peoples' views on the computer.

Back
Top Bottom