best gaming pc

alvino said:
First, you have to realize what PSU company this is. PC Power & Cooling. They are absolutely, hands down, the best PSU company in existence. They are efficient (about 70%-80%, compared to the usual 50%-60%). The quality is OUTSTANDING...the cables are sleeved, all the plugs are set into quality plastic that isn't loose or anything, and they are very stable.

The only bad thing about them is the price tag. :p They're expensive, but if you can afford one, you definately won't be disappointed.

oh i didnt know that, nice work alvino

alvino said:
Opteron's suck at gaming, even dual-cores. The clock speeds won't just add up on each other. The two processors just supplement each other to be more efficient in applications like Maya, Photoshop etc. You've got lots of RAM (too much if you ask me...), but registered RAM is slow. It's stable and therefore good for servers, but it loses in speed.

The two 7800 GTX's will be great for gaming (although I'd rather wait for the X1800 XT to come out :D). I like the monitors...very nice.

PC Power & Cooling makes the best PSU's in the market, but the 850w is just overkill. That system won't even use half of that power, so why waste $400-$500 for it? Too much hard drive space too...just get 2 of them and you'll have TONS of space for less money (better yet, just wait for Hitachi to come out with their 1TB desktop hard drives :D).

I've heard some mixed reviews about those Plextor SATA drives...some say they work fine and some say that the quality sucks so much that it won't even read commercially stamped disks.

The Creative SB X-Fi is the best, but it's not practical considering the price. Just stick with a Audigy 2 ZS Platinum or Audigy 4 Platinum and be happy (you won't notice much difference anyways).

The Logitech MX518 is great. I love it. I'm using it right now and it's just awesome. Although I'd rather have the Logitech G5 or the Razer Copperhead (2000 dpi baby!).

Quick summary of your "Ultimate" computer:

It has good parts but is impractical considering the price. And if you're going to use this for gaming, you're wasting your money. Heck, even for a workstation/server, this is a waste of money.

That was good... but it's still great, because it's the best comp that will last you the longest. An fx of today, either the fx55 or 57 won't be as fast in 1-3 years. the opteron will last you the longest because of usability and performance, etc. But yeah, true... whatever...

okay....an opteron 144 or 146 will go 3.0Ghz+ on air. yes, they are hand picked san diego cores using a higher quality silicon than the venices and san diegos. Their memory controller is better than the FX series and the A64's. THESE ARE NOT YOUR AVERAGE S940 OPTERONS. THESE ARE FREAKING S939 OPTERONS!!!!!!

Opterons still suck at gaming. Different architectures. Mmm..Socket 939...oh baby. Now you don't need EXPENSIVE ECC RAM! :D But yeah, that Opteron going to 3.0+ghz on air is pretty insane. It still sucks at gaming though. :)

Well, compared to some cpu's, especailly in the benchmarking test that I saw, it did pretty well. If you want proof, I'll pm you some...

Well, duh. It depends what CPU's you're comparing them to, but generally, Opterons are the crappage if you want a gaming computer.

nope, you are wrong, these opterons USE THE SAME CORE AS THE SAN DIEGOS. They just use better silicon to manufacture them so they game just as well :D

And how much are these? I think Opterons are usually more expensive than the Athlon 64 or FX's.

hehehe, you wont belive it but....they are price the same as some A64's at least the 144 and 146 are. They are around 3000+ and 3200+ price range AND THE COME WITH DOUBLE THE CACHE :D

Back
Top Bottom