White Noise

Maybe, but you'd think that if it was the refresh rate, then the monitor would show artifacts, or flash or even go blank, and...not work.

yeah, I tend to hear it on TV's when I first turn it on, and also, if running through digital, I can hear a high pitched sound (sounds like its almost out of human range) and especially if I have the Dreamcast or Gamecube with the TV set to 60hz. It works fine, but theres a buzz. Doesn't really bother me though.

I just think its the monitor to tell the truth then.

60hz is way too low for my eyes though. I only feel comfortable working at 70 or above hz :p So that prooves it can't be the refresh rate of the monitor being too high.

dont worry about it. after a while crts do that because its a projector inside. when u have white i beleive something from middle school its a mix of all colors so it has to have lots of power to do it. thats my theory. but yea mine hasnt dont it yet but my monitor is only two months old. if its not that noticable its ok. if it gets annoying get another monitor cheap. or go all out and get a nice one.

Well the monitor is only about a month old. It is the second one I have had. The first one had a bad picture. I am going to try and upping the refresh rate even though that is probably not the problem. Who knows it could help a little. If it continues to be a huge problem I am going to just take it back.

if it's only a month old i would take it back. is this the same brand/model as the last one you returned?

it also depends on the resolution of screen + frequency of refresh rate, i know for SURE that's what it is.

its the same on tvs, when a lot of white is displayed you hear that white noise i used to have it on my CRT when i had one lol didnt really bother me tho lol put some beats on and u'll never notice

Yeah it is the same brand of monitor that I had before. This one was working so much better. I am going to try some different settings and see what I can find.

Back
Top Bottom