How do you compare AMD to Intel?

I have a 3.0Ghz northwood and I like it alot. I can't oc it because of my crappy mobo, but that 3Ghz will be fine for a long time.

Well, AMD are almost better in everything, even in encoding (Dual-Core), Intels are not good for anything. The only reason they are still making money is b/c Dell/HP/Gateway use them and buy the chips by the train load. The more educated the user is, the more AMD chips will sell. In almost EVERY benchmark ,save a few, Intel has gotten owned, and it makes me sick and very Sad, almost ashamed, b/c Intel charges 2-3X as much for CRAP. You DONT want a intel, any reason a Intel lover could give you for bying that crappage I could refute faster then you could say some Fairchild Defectors 0\/\/N and some teh sux0rs...

Oh and the rateing system kinda works but a 3000+ AMD 64 beat a Intel something or other @ 3.8ghz. in gaming benchmarks. Now thats funked up!

note: 3000+ AMD 64 = $146.00
>>>>>3.8Ghz intel = $643 - $911

lol, yeah, definitely, you're not paying more for a product, just for a name...and in the world of the more intellectually-gifted on PC processors, it's not a name to brag about. :D

Intel's more of a marketing company. I will be fair though. We'll see how their Yonah's turn out, but I'm still not happy with their TDP's, cause what is the point in calculating it as the chip running under 75% load? Lousy marketing tactics...

Back
Top Bottom