White Noise

Vandiyan

In Runtime
I am having another monitor problem. When ever my screen is displaying a lot of white there seems to be a slight high pitch noise in the backgroud. It is not coming from my speakers I do know that. It is a very soft noise and if I did not have very very good hearing I probably would not even notice it. When my wife is using the PC she can not hear it. It is not a huge problem but thought I would throw the question out there and see if anyone knows if it might be a display setting I could change.

Vandiyan said:
I am having another monitor problem. When ever my screen is displaying a lot of white there seems to be a slight high pitch noise in the backgroud. It is not coming from my speakers I do know that. It is a very soft noise and if I did not have very very good hearing I probably would not even notice it. When my wife is using the PC she can not hear it. It is not a huge problem but thought I would throw the question out there and see if anyone knows if it might be a display setting I could change.

Maybe the dead are trying to talk to you,lol. sorry about that but I had to say it,lol.

is your monitor a CRT or LCD? if it's a CRT try degaussing like jac006 said. if it's a LCD maybe auto size your screen.

it wouldn't be a setting in windows.

Vandiyan doesn't mean noise as in white noise, as in what you seen on screen, but means hearing white noise...

I have no idea why you should be though. I can hear high pitched noise though coming from my TV when displaying black, and at 60hz, but thats a big CRT TV...

By any chance have you got a microphone active on your monitor that maybe came with it built in, which may be interfering with signals?
If you have, open up Volume Controls in the task bar, and mute the microphone. Any difference?

It might also just be normal though in some circumstances depending on what you have.
When displaying all White you see, I think all the protons, etc in the monitor hitting the conductive part so you can see them are positive, and so might buzz slightly, I don't know.

It might just be you have super human hearing :p

If its bothering you that much, it might be best to have it checked out by where you bought it, or to try replacing it :)

Yeah, thats what I think it is, but it shouldn't really be noticable in a monitor... but it could be something to do with the fact that having the pixels turned white uses up more power, or something.

I have tried degausing and that did not seem to help all that much. I think it will be something I will just have to live with. My tv at home used to do the same thing when displaying white.

As for the super human hearing I think I do have it. When I was younger we had an old tv that every so often the picture would jump until someone tapped the side of the box or fixed the antenna. Well on occasion I would be in another room and not able to see the tv but somehow I could hear the tv picture jumping. My parents always thought I was weird when I would tell them to fix the tv when I was in the other room. I guess I have always been crazy.

Wow...I think its you then :p

Sometimes you'll find people will get that type of hearing when maybe blind when younger, etc, where the senses for hearing had to focus more, because the eyes weren't available.

Kage said:
I have no idea why you should be though. I can hear high pitched noise though coming from my TV when displaying black, and at 60hz, but thats a big CRT TV...

I hear that all the time too. I can hear it even when it's not black. it's kinda anoying because i can hear which TV(s) are on in the house when it's quiet.

actually it's not the problem with ur video card or anything, you gotta correct the refresh rate on ur monitor. it's probably too high, so set that down in properties / settings, advanced, and mointor refresh rate.. check ur manual and see what is the optimum refresh rate and do it to that! sometimes ur video card overrides that function so you want to disable taht function. good luck

Back
Top Bottom