Where do you get your Notebooks?

Paradox said:
Oh dont get short with me you simpleton. You know good and well I know what a barebone is, And if you knew any better you'd know that buying a barebone is extra work you dont need to do.

The extra work is worth the cheaper price. With that chassis I posted, and some other components, I could build a laptop for $1600 and it would be the same setup as the Toshiba Qosimo G25 (which costs $3000).

Paradox said:
he got a barebone, its basically the computer without the extras -_-

You still don't get it do you?! That barebones chassis DOES NOT contain the CPU, RAM or HARD DRIVE. You buy that separate (which is cheaper), and you put it together. So the "extras" are what you put in it.

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=21893&highlight=Notebook+Build
^
This is the notebook I was going to build, but I scrapped it.

Paradox said:
You cant build a notebook from scratch, The reason being is because we dont have a set standard for the parts

You know how we have atx moterboards, 3.5" hds, 5" disk drives, etc?

Well all the motherboards and power supplies and video/sound and batteries are al different in every laptop because the companies will not decide on a design that you can switch parts in

Nope. There is no standard. When you buy a barebones chassis, it comes with the motherboard that's designed to fit that chassis and the necessary chips.

Back
Top Bottom