Watercooling...

well that depends are you a massive overclocker or just a normal person...do u want a quiet rig or a loud one, is it to show off and look cool, or is it for a function?

It's worth it if you have the money and if you're a avid overclocker. If you're just gonna leave everything stock, then ais should be fine, unless you want a REALLY quiet PC thats stock.

If I were you, I would invest individual parts, rather than kits. This allows for more flexibility. That Swiftech kit is nice and the CPU waterblock is very nicely lapped...it's good if you're new to watercooling and need something simple and nice. The ThermalTake BigWater kit is at best, decent. 1/4" piping just doesn't cut it and you can find better parts else where.

Just make sure you use 1/2" Tygon tubing for your pipes (and no, Tygon doesn't kink and you have to REALLY bend it in order to do so). If I were you, I'd go with Danger Den or Swiftech if you really want the best performance for your money.

i like watercooling. even if u dont overclock it keeps everything cool and silent. if ur parts stay cool the longer they will last. but the thing i dont like is it sometimes can spring a leek so check ur water lvls and make sure nothing is wet every couple days. i check everymorining lol before i start up my pc.

it wont come up witha leak unless ur there poking and prying at teh tubes or u drop or computer or something...just make sure all connectors are tight and your good

Hmm, well I cant decide, I could either get that water cooling system or I could buy another gig of memory, not sure what one I want to do. Well if I got the water cooling do you think I could get my processor up to 2.8ghz?

if u cant it wouldnt be cooling..it'd be ur mobo i would get the other ram..it'll help u when vista comes out

money_man said:
if u cant it wouldnt be cooling..it'd be ur mobo i would get the other ram..it'll help u when vista comes out

Well I will just have to wait another month to buy whatever I dont buy this month, I think Im gonna buy the water cooling this month and then next month buy another gig of memory because the only game right now that really needs 2 gigs is BF2.

u definatly get ur pc up to 2.8 with watercooling. 2.4-2.8 easy with watercooling. u could do that with like a really really good air cooling now imagin watercooling. ull b in the good.

Back
Top Bottom