WHat should i buy?

[w00t!]gAme*

Baseband Member
Im looking to buy a good graphics card for my computer:
my comp is:

Intel Pentium 4
3.00ghz
512ram

Should i go with the Ati x850 agp or the Nvidia geforce 7800 pcx. Ive been told that if i go with the nvidia pcx and dont upgrade my ram i will lag in games like battlefield 2 but if i go with the ati x850 agp i wont lag because it is an agp card. Could someone please clarify what i should get. P.S. i play games like Halflife2 counterstrike source day of defeat source battlefield2 call of duty 2. ( fps games .

thanks,

Did Everest tell you what your motherboard supports? If it doesn't have PCI Express slots, you can't have an X850 or a 7800GTX unless you get a new mobo.

If you do get a mobo that compatiable, I highly suggest getting the ATI, GeForce tend to cause alot more problem for me. Some of the high-end GeForces' are great, but budget wise ATI is the way to go.

Whatever you buy... and I suggest any ati (especially the new ones) the x1800, but anways, whatever you buy, make sure you have a good psu to supply it with power.

Never, ever, ever ever, buy Retail. They rip you off liek none other. They wanted to charge about $200 bucks or more for an ATi Radeon X700, I bought that smae exact card off of NewEgg.com for about $90 bucks less.

BUt I suggest getting either a 6800 GT or an X800. Both are amazing cards and will play any game on the market. I say get those two because you have AGP 8x. But if you want to go with PCI-E then you'll need a new mobo, possibly a new CPU, and plus the new video card. SO just remember that.

Back
Top Bottom