I need an urgent answer

lhuser

Golden Master
Yeah, I'm supposed to take a break from here eh? Well, it's not easy with this POS that is happening.

I have a WD Caviar 20GB and one day, I lost power. When I turned it back on, the hard drive spins, but it's controller is acting weirldly. It makes loud clicking noises and the OS freezes because of that. I opened the HDD to see if they're were any loose wires, in which the power isn't spred correctly, but in vain. It is still making that clicking noise...what's wrong?

Oh and...it's doing it right now...so I may go off AGAIN :mad:

you opened your hard drive? you are never supposed to open a hard drive.
sounds to me like your hard drive is on it's last leg, you better start backing stuff up and prepare to get a new one.

Tommy Boy said:
you opened your hard drive? you are never supposed to open a hard drive.
sounds to me like your hard drive is on it's last leg, you better start backing stuff up and prepare to get a new one.

Yes I did... Apparantly, the HDD is having air filtered inside. It can't do anything bad. I lookd on the panels.

I thought of that too, but I'm still in doubt...until I get real problems with it

wait...you opened your actual hard drive or the case for your computer? You never open a hard drive (eg. take the screws out and pull the case off) it can get dust inside of it and that will ruin it.

I opened the HDD case. I am also aware of dust...but I did it outside to prevent more dust to come in

And...it clicks less than before. It clicked horribly before, then I open the HDD, then I play with the controller hand. Now, it clicks less, but it's still there...although...it's been 10 minutes I didn't hear anything

Ok, don't mind. It did it again and it now refuses to be detected...it's a RIP HDD that I have :(

I told you that you shouldn't have opened it and to back up stuff that you wanted to save because it's on it's way out.

Kina similar. Well, i reopened it again and saw the problem: The HDd's reading hand is magnfied with the disc's cilynder andhas a hard time getting out of it. demagnetizing it could do, but it may be the end too

Back
Top Bottom