Another BIOS question and just questions in genral

geek_gal

Daemon Poster
OK this is might sound noobish(but what do you expect)

Ive tried to get into BIOS and i pressed F10 and Delete and then F8 and delete but not luck...ive got shitty win 98 so maybe that explains it i dunno..
Also while im asking questions how do you get into BIOS on win xp? Is that F10 and delete?

ALSO..(lol im not going to let ya go just yet)..
Im want to edit something and i dont know what program or anything would be best? I want to cut it out, like backround noise, is that possible?

I think thats all for now...

Thanks peoples :)

ok it depends on what motherboard you have not what operating system you have. you should try all of the function keys f1 f2 ect mine personally is f2 but

for the program what do you want to do? Filter noise? just go to google and search for it.

for windows 98, im not sure what it is to press. Whenever i wnated to get into bios on windows 98 i furiosly hit f1-f12 :p.

For windows xp f2 brings you into bios and f10 brings you into the boot menu (it will ask you what device you want to boot from, ie: your hdd, floppy, cd, or watever). Although it differs from mobo to mobo, this is generally what is used. Google for your mobo's manual online.

As for your last question, i know final cut pro can do that, but thats very expensive. If your talking about an audio file, which i presume you are, garage band MIGHT be able to do it. But to be honest i do not have enough experince to say wether either one will. Google: Audio Editing Programs + free . One of the first results is a program called wavepad, if you play around in their you may be able to do it in their by lowering the sensitivity of what is played (for example telling it not to transmit sounds higher then a certain amount of dp's or w/e units they use to measure sound loudness).

EDIT: bah humbag someone beat me to the post :'(. lol

Thanks guys, no luck yet.. and that site Tommy Boy thanks thats great help, i knew what brand my bios is, and looked it up on that site and pressed F10(i thought i was) and not working so ill keep at it and see if i can get it.

rdcmmnst, if I new what to google and look for I would've come here…duh..googles not always so smart as everyone makes out to be. Thanks tho :)

mayorredbeard, thanks thats also great help, and yeah i ment audio(well for now anyway).. See if it works what i want to do.

Thanks heaps guys! and for all my questions been answered..
Ill see how i go now

Back
Top Bottom