CF is doing OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Lindon said:
Hey Maurice, You are not far from me. I'm in Bournemouth
Yes, David, I think I got that from somewhere, your profile perhaps, have you visited the Island over the years?, I live at Rookley, a village near Godshill, the last time we went to Bournmouth, a long time ago, a violinist was playing outside one of the large stores, the Sinfonietta was on hard times, & I believe it still is, [we left them a sum in our wills, it's still in mine] my wife put some money at his feet, she was very fond of classical music, he played some Tchaikovsky for her.
Whereaabouts in Bounmouth do you live?, if you like, reply by PM, the mods might say we're diverging from the subject matter too much, they used to at the last site, they should have called it "Stalag", whatever!

Maurice

Hey, I'm enjoying my evenings answering posts, they come thick & fast, soon have 100 posts under my belt, that'll make me a member, right?

maurice said:
I wasn't far away in 1959, in Torquay, on holiday with my late wife, our honeymoon was spent in North Devon 1957, in a hotel in Ilfracombe, they stuck us in a flipping garret, on the fourth floor, the window [one] wouldn't open, could hardly see out for the encrusted salt, & were woken up each morning by seagulls on the windowsill, all for the princely sum of eight guineas......a week!, still we didn't care, after all, it was our honeymoon!

Maurice

wow thats amazing, Ilfracombe is not far from me, i went there several times, nothing that impresive there still, anyway i live in bideford not far

matt said:
wow thats amazing, Ilfracombe is not far from me, i went there several times, nothing that impresive there still, anyway i live in bideford not far
Yes, a sad little town really, We didn't know what is was like, you know what the blurb in brochures is like, they could make even the Siberian desert sound glamourous.
Torquay where we were in1959, [sorry about these prehistoric dates!] was much more lively, geared towards visitors in a big way, what's it like today?, my guess is that it's gone down hill like a lot of places, what with druggies etc., or am I wrong?

Maurice

I had problems sending a reply to a member, via PM, previewed, then pressed reply, but it wasn't sent, to try again, I PM'd you, thinking it was a one off, previewed & sent, that didn't go, but my previous one that got hung up had been sent, in future I won't use preview, I think that's where the fault lies.

Maurice

Lol, I see a triple post by maurice, a post by someone else and then a double post! lmao, but the first of the 2 was taken months ago.

Anywho, I never use the preview button

I live in Edinburgh, but I'm at the University of St Andrews, so that's where I technically live just now :D

My post was made here, today Oct 16th 2005, because there was a glitch when I tried to send a PM today to David, & it wouldn't send, thiis was the only way I could think of to send him a message on a forum to explain, but I haven't been at all well today again, bad headaches due to my medical condition, I realise now my headache has partly gone, that I could have simply made a new post, I'll do that later, when my medicine has taken it's full effect, unless one of you would paste or copy my post above [No 24] to David? would you do that?, then I can get some rest, please let me know, I'll pick it up later this evening.

Thanks, Maurice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom