Reformatting!

ENS

Beta member
I've been searching for a week now and I can't find anything on this subject. My computer is an IBM 1.6 GHZ 4xx SD RAM 128MB ATI Radeon 9200SE 20 GB/HD. Yes, its slow, and its got crappy graphics but i'm 15 and it was free.

I used to have to share this with my brother but now he's got his own so I need to rid the computer of all files,viruses,spyware it may have contracted.

The catch is, the computer doesn't have a start-up disc. It's supposed to have a partition somewhere on the computer with Windows XP on it.

What I need to know is, how do I start formatting my computer?
You guys seem to know what your talking about, so thanks if you can help me and if not... :(

you have no windows disc? if that's the case then you don't really have anywhere to start from. if windows is on a seperate partition then you should see it in my computer you can from there right click on the part of the hdd you want to reformat and carry on from there.

I dont know if you really want to format it since it has Win XP on it unless you have the disks to reinstall it. Unless you dont want to use it.

Format Instructions:
Go to MS DOS (when comp starts up black screen with white letters dont boot windows)
Type "format c:" at the C/Windows promt
Then it will ask you if you really want to format.

If you have a windows disc sick it in and follow the instructions and it will ask you to format and then it will install windows.

If you have a OS(operating system) on a different partition you would know it becasue everytime you would restart your computer it would ask you what OS to use.

you'd have to get the disc from windows or see if your computer company will ship one out to you.

No help at all, there is computers with no disc. It's stored on a seperate partition. My dad has reformatted it before, but he lost the piece of paper with how to on it.

Back
Top Bottom