Home Network.

kyleman999

Daemon Poster
K heres the deal i got my comp(my sig), my dads a dell 8200 series it hink and a newly bought laptop ( Gateway Mobile AMD Athlon 4000+ 2.6GHz Laptop (MX7515)) and i'm lookin into finaly geting my network straight... now ive done all of those setups on each computer and heres how its working so far

None of the computers can even click on View Workgroup computers without it freezing for a while then saying unaccessable but my comp - the one i'm on right now. The prob is when i get to it i see both my dads comp and the laptop. but if i click on either i get this msg
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5481/untitled32rz.jpg

anybody know the exact process of making a successful network. All i want is to be able to share files and printers. i have a D link wireless router Xtreme G

help plzzz

make sure you have allowed other computers to connect you. that should be on the properties of your internet connection.

Make sure that the workgroup names on all the computers are IDENTICAL and restart the computers... Also, if you have firewall software, make sure that you tell it to ALLOW/TRUST IP addresses in your lan.

AnonymousI said:
Make sure that the workgroup names on all the computers are IDENTICAL and restart the computers... Also, if you have firewall software, make sure that you tell it to ALLOW/TRUST IP addresses in your lan.

the firewall is most likely the problem, I had that same problem on my network also.

It looks like the problem is the firewall, so try that. Make sure that all the connections are working etc. It looks like a simple 5 minute job.

Back
Top Bottom