Where do you get your Notebooks?

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
I figured we talk so much about building desktops We could switch around for a bit lol

Does anyone here have a notebook? I think theyre the handiest little things, Most are so light you can just stick them in your bag/briefcase/whatever and go with it!

I really like em, I hate that Mine got messed up, The particular model I got had a bad design for the power cord so it would break the inside tip off all the time and cause me to send it off ever x days.

I'm THINKING of getting this one, I'm getting alot of electronics this year its crazy, I'm getting all I can out of my family before I leave for college in the next few years XD How bad does that sound?

This one the way I configured it costs $1,309, Not bad huh? cx200x

I love ultraportables. I hope to get a VAIO soon. I already have a regular VAIO laptop right now (my main computer).

Just build one. They're not that hard to put together and a barebones chassis is pretty cheap (for what it comes with).

But Notebooks dont have a universal design yet.. How would you go about making one?

If I had to get a really small laptop, I agree that the Sony VAIO is best. It looks so good and has good features. Performance wise, it's tops too.

That laptop looks nice. Spec wise, it's ok. Kind of like mine but without the Turion. That Pentium M is a good one to get. The 7-in-1 media card reader will come in real handy. I've already used like 3 different types of memory sticks already from friends cameras, PDAs, and camcorder. It looks like the ones used for Tablet PC. I had a classmate that had one of those and it's real slick. It comes with a pen and everything. Kind of like a clipboard.

Yeah when the hurricanes hit We had FEMA come out here and they had a tablet pc (no notebook just tablet) and when she walked off from It I started playing with it lol really handy little thing. For me I could see using the convertible one for everything from board rooms to doing tech jobs in the future lol

Is yours a convertible? I thought yours was a notebook

No, it's a notebook. Pretty slim for a notebook too. Not bulky as some of them are. That's why I like this one so much. I may buy new one in the next 5 years or so. I usually don't tinker with my laptop so I leave it as is. If something breaks down on it long after the warranty expires, I'm throwing this one out.

Paradox said:
But Notebooks dont have a universal design yet.. How would you go about making one?

Buy a barebones chassis. It should come with the motherboard, chipset, video chip (the GeForce Go 6600, I believe), necessary connectors and everything else you need.

http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=5&l2=70&l3=0&model=609&modelmenu=1

Then buy a Pentium M processor (yes, they're for retail), the DDR2 RAM you think you need, the hard drive and then you put it together. It's not hard, but it's just a matter of locating everything.

Back
Top Bottom