GeForce 6800 GS

Mental Liberator

Fully Optimized
nVidia announced a new part to compete with ATI's upcoming X1600 part. Its called Geforce 6800 GS and is based on NV42 chip. This chip is manufactured at TSMC and its built on 110 nanometer process. This card performs like 6800GT and has 256-bit memory interface. Nvidia positions it both price and performance-wise up against rival ATI's X1600XT and X1600PRO.

ATI's Radeon X1600 generation was killing Nvidia's Geforce 6600 generation and Nvidia had to do something. The Geforce 6800 GS looks like a suitable riposte. Suggested retail price for 256MB part is $249.

ATI's X1600XT and PRO cards feature a 128-bit memory interface while Nvidia is positioning 256-bit cards against. We are quite sure that Nvidia will add some additional pressure on ATI mainstream sales.

I'm sure the 6800gs will be good. There is so much going on now... man... I almost miss the heyday when nvidia was king and that was that. now, with ati's new x1800 and the 7800gtx and all that... man...

You gonna upgrade your system trd? lol... I'm sure you want to... or maybe not. That's a good system though...

I've already made plans to a full system upgrade next year sometime. Actually, a new PC. I've already got a stash of cash 'under my bed' and just waiting for the right time for the build. I'm going all out crazy with the new build. At most, I may spend close to 3 grand, but I doubt it will be that much. Maybe $2500 at the most. I like to see the benchmarks on that 6800GS though.

Yeah... remember you and me saying that we would upgrade at the same time? lol.. yeah, I've got some good stuff too. I hope to get the m2 mobo and a pretty fast cpu, crossfire with two x1800xl's... oh man...

Yeah, I still remember that. It will be fun when the time comes. We can compare to see what we're going to use and stuff like that. I'm going to keep my current PC (the one I'm using now) to be used as a dump PC so to speak. All the programs I download and things of that nature will get installed on this one to see if it will work. Kind of like a PC dedicated to software testing. If something screws up this old PC, I won't have to worry too much because I'll be using my new smoking PC.

same. It'll be sahweet. especially when I overclock mine and beat the heck outta yours... lol...

Oh man, we'll see when the time comes. I don't think I plan on SLing it though. At least, until I see games starting to take advantage of SLi technology. My motherboard will definitely be SLi ready.

Back
Top Bottom