Dual core processor question

aowen416

Daemon Poster
I was wondering if i should get a dual core or not.
The dual core proccesor has a clock of 2 ghz
and the other one has 2.4
both amd and i will use the system for gaming. Also can you use both cores at once like if im only playing BF2 will i 2ghz or just 1ghz of clock speed

Yes, absolutely!!! The dual core has the same capability as their counterpart, but with an added core. Not only will it run at a regular Athlon 64 (the 2.4GHz CPU you're talking about), but it will do it more efficiently making it faster. I'm not saying it will double the clock rate or anything like that but imagine all the processes running in the background. Dual core helps to relieve some of the work while playing games.

Thank you very much! I will be sure to use your advice and am going to purchase the dual core 3800 (the 4400 isnt big enough difference fo 150dollars)

Wait a second. Get the 4400+ if you can afford; I think it has a different and better core. I'm not sure though, I'm not as up to date on these things as I was a couple of months ago.

$526 but with free shipping. Big whoop...after paying that price, Newegg better offer free shipping, lol. I would defintely spend the money to get that. Any price higher than that is not worth getting unless you have the dough and for bragging rights.

Sorry can't offerd but check out the specs-ordering tonight

2gigs PC3200 SDRAM
200g 7,200rpm 16mb cache hardrive
2.0 Ghz dualcore AMD 3800
Nvidia 7800GTX Memory clock of 1200mhz and core of 430 (found for 500 dollars with BF2 included!)
nice mobo......and well yeah im too lazy to list it all today

Still a good choice. That thing will easily clock to 2.2 and 2.4GHz. Very power efficient too so you won't worry too much about overheating on overclock. So that's where your money's going into...the video card, haha.

Yeah, but make sure you cooling is good enough to do that. If you overclock too much you can damage the cpu permanently. I agree though... the 4400+ is an excellent choice. SHould last you for 1-3 years, depending on upgrades and the like.

Back
Top Bottom