what are the best was to tune up a PC

Half Evil

Golden Master
^^ because my parents computer really sucks its a dell 4300 1.5 ghZ p.4 2556mb ram.....ect so it suck with a 40 gb hard drive. What are some of the best ways to fix it up. there are a few hundred pics on the computer, and itd Hd is almost full. we have sb s&d, and mcafee virus scan and adaware SE personal. Its been defraged and such. but after i get the pics of. what else is there for me to do. and how can i compress some of the bigger files on the computer? thanks

Ok, the best thing to do is to backup those data. Trust me, the fewer files you have on there, the faster your PC will run. After you cleaned up all those files, delete temp internet files, uninstall old programs you don't use, the defrag one more time. I guranatee you'll see an improvement.

Yeah, just put all those files on some disc, clean up any unwanted start-up programs, run some ad aware, antivrius, etc. and do what trd said.

don't forget to do a registy cleaner such as regscrub xp or... tweaknow regcleaner both are good. ccleaner will help as well don't use the regcleaner on it tho because it can screw with the comp.

I suggest you get at least 512 MB ram... I have a dell 2ghz w/ 256 MB ram and it is sooo slow. My upstairs comp. has 1.6 ghz w/ 512 MB and it runs faster.

Back
Top Bottom