Where is the startup folder?

outlawstar4761

In Runtime
I was looking around and I found a few folders entitled "Startup" but none of them have all the annoying programs that open when I start my computer. Where is that one and when I get there do I just delete the links that are in there?

start > run > type in msconfig
then click the startup tab and uncheck what you dont want to start at startup. thats the only real sure way to get rid of all those programs that startup, no other way will.

spank_fusion said:
The actual startup folder is in your programs menu.

ya even when that is empty sneaky sneaky programs (and even not so sneaky sneaky programs) still startup anyways. I dont have zonealarm in their, yet it starts up, i dont have trillian or steam or a lot of things in their, but even they startup at startup.

Well yeah. I was just answering the question. A lot of programs autostart by modifying the registry though.

Yeah, most programs have a 'run at startup' option, you can untick that, but just do 'msconfig' in run as mayorredbeard suggested

Thank you guys so much. It take like a month to start my computer because of all the crap that opens. Can I add stuff form msconfig as well as take it out?

outlawstar4761 said:
Thank you guys so much. It take like a month to start my computer because of all the crap that opens. Can I add stuff form msconfig as well as take it out?

Yes, just copy a shortcut and put it in the folder called 'startup' in the program list ... and that will automatically make it start on bootup

Just be careful what you uncheck because you can cause a lot of trouble in there. if your not sure what it is google it.

Back
Top Bottom