ATI pwns NVIDIA!!

Yeah, but when you consider the price, the benchmarks, the speed of the core and memory, the x8100xl is just the all around better card.

Can we stop arguing? Go for whichever one you like, because they are about equal in terms of THE card.

Look at my post on my view!

spank_fusion said:
First of all, that's the XL, not the XT. And second....

WTF? That's all I'm going to say about that. Anyway, I'm not just putting ATI down for no reason. I'm putting ATI down because nVidia beat them in all areas except for with the X1800XT. So if you want that card, I'm not saying you shouldn't. I'm just saying that, based on those charts, nVidia is the one who still owns.

Omg... A typo... forgive me oh higly educated one who never makes mistakes... The charts show that the x1800xt beats the 7800gtx and therefore ati pwned nvidia in that area... I never said that ati pwned nvidia in ALL areas... I just said that ati pwned nvidia. Period. Sure, it's open to interpretation but my post, the first one, showed that when comparing the x1800xt and the 7800gtx, ati pwns nvidia... thank you.

Kage said:
Can we stop arguing? Go for whichever one you like, because they are about equal in terms of THE card.

Look at my post on my view!

ok... kage... about that post... I sorta agree. But this educational debate is good. Sometimes agreement and agreement and agreement is just too boring and by questioning your beliefs, you make your beliefs stronger. If you just agree all the time and are neutral (which isn't a bad thing) sometimes you don't know why you believe in what you beleive. I like to have debates because it helps me understand why I say what I say... does anyone see my point?

yeah I see your point :p but there always going to be Nvidia fan boys and so on which will always in their mind, force there cards to be better than ATI's and vice versa.

The cards are soo closely matched in real world terms, that you'd just go for the cmopany you prefer, and not really put teh cards head to head.

I mean, when in a LAN match if you bring mates over, and one has the ATI version and one has the Nvidia, you dont go about saying "hes getting 5fps more than me!". Its mental :p

Well duh. But when you're benchmarking and doing things like that, it matters. Yes, 5fps can be a big deal when you're really uptight about things like that. I don't anybody like that but hey, someone's out there like that. It depends, really, it does. Yeah, but which company would you prefer? do you prefer it because everyone else does? Or the majority? or do you just like the design? Why do you prefer? Using inductive reasoning here? "gut" feeling? No. You have to know why you prefer it. And I prefer ATI exactly because of what has happened in the past and what has gone on and around. May not make sense to some of you, but, in my mind, I know why ATI is better in my eyes. PLus, my mobo has a built in ati chipset and if I use nvidia I might get errors... LOL... :D

jac006 said:
Omg... A typo... forgive me oh higly educated one who never makes mistakes...
Okay, that wasn't just a typo. That was like.... a bunch of letters.... smashed together.... or something.

jac006 said:
The charts show that the x1800xt beats the 7800gtx
They show that the X1800XT beats the 7800GTX in SOME areas, but not others. Like Kage said, it's about equal. It just depends on what you're running.

jac006 said:
...therefore ati pwned nvidia in that area... I never said that ati pwned nvidia in ALL areas... I just said that ati pwned nvidia. Period. Sure, it's open to interpretation but my post showed that when comparing the x1800xt and the 7800gtx, ati pwns nvidia... thank you.
Again I ask.... WTF?

Wow... can you use any other expression besides wtf? How old are you spank? If you can't understand that post... then... ah well... some people, I guess, just don't get it. I'll say it again... the price difference and the benchmark's all make ati a little ahead of the game now. It's a little equal, but not exactly so. You can wtf again if you want... I'm just going to laugh.

Why do I prefer which one? Well... I don't prefer any, but I prefered Nvidia at one point because I have an ATI card, and the drivers werent working correctly, yet, i'm getting excellent results not, but still, new drivers don't work properly. I posted about it, but got no replies...

But ATI is great in some cases, for instance, Nvidia cards don't process effects at as high a rate as ATI cards do...something about colours when it comes to shaders to speed the process up, and that made them seem a bit cheaper, but heck.

so, the answer to that question is, i'm in the middle between two great competitors. I'll just go for my gut instinct based on reviews.
Not always on FPS though, since reviews can also signify better deals with extras, and price also (How loud the card is, can yuo overclock it to work harder?, etc)

jac006 said:
Wow... can you use any other expression besides wtf? How old are you spank? If you can't understand that post... then... ah well... some people, I guess, just don't get it. I'll say it again... the price difference and the benchmark's all make ati a little ahead of the game now. It's a little equal, but not exactly so. You can wtf again if you want... I'm just going to laugh.
Do I have to quote it again?

jac006 said:
...therefore ati pwned nvidia in that area... I never said that ati pwned nvidia in ALL areas... I just said that ati pwned nvidia. Period. Sure, it's open to interpretation but my post showed that when comparing the x1800xt and the 7800gtx, ati pwns nvidia... thank you.
I said WTF because you say that you didn't say that ATI owns nVidia (whether in all areas or not) and go on to say three times that ATI owns nVidia...................WTF?!!?!!?

jac006 said:
...therefore ati pwned nvidia in that area... I never said that ati pwned nvidia in ALL areas... I just said that ati pwned nvidia...my post showed that...ati pwns nvidia...

AAAAANNNYYYYWAAAAYYYYYY........................... I still think nVidia is the better brand. That's just my opinion. The X1800XT does not seem to be that big of an improvement, but again, if you think it is, then get it.

Back
Top Bottom