ATI pwns NVIDIA!!

Im happy with my nvida... it plays the games i play no problems...

also:

image011.gif

image010.gif

image012.gif

image013.gif

it doesnt really 'pwn' it when the nvida is better in doom, the ati is better in half life two, that makes it about equal in my opinion...

Those are just games... have you seen the other ones? Like 3d mark 03 and 05? And they aren't really equal because nvidia just barely beats ati in doom while ati totally whoops nvidia in hl2. Not exactly equal.

Well of course the X1800XT is better - it's the newest graphics card on the market. But the 7800GTX beats pretty much everything else, including the X1800XL. Hell, in some of the tests the 7800GTX beats the X1800XT. So I don't really understand how you can say ATI owns nVidia.

Wow... did you read tom's hardware article? Did you go through the article? Did you see the benchmarks? wow...

I still prefer Nvidia chipsets. It's a continous war between ATi and Nvidia. ATi has that X1000's out now, Nvidia will have another version out early next year probably.

jac006 said:
Wow... did you read tom's hardware article? Did you go through the article? Did you see the benchmarks? wow...

Wow, yes I did. Wow, nVidia is still better. Wow, you can have a bit faster video card for a ton of extra money. Wow, why spend all that extra money for something that's only a bit faster? Wow, nVidia still rocks. Wow, nVidia will rock ATI even harder when its new chipset comes out soon. Wow....

Ok... first off... I only said that ati has pwned nvidia for now. Of course there is an on-going battle. Thank you for insinuating that you do not the ropes of arguing. The logical fallacies you use are horrendous. Slippery Slopes, two quo que, etc. *sigh* I read the benchmarks on the page and it shows that ati is ahead and since I've been waiting for this card, I thought I'd make a thread about it. But no... people have to put it down. Actually, isn't the x1800 cheaper than the 7800gtx? So, in essence, the the new ati cards are better and cheaper... hmmmm... everyone is all like nvidia fanboys and since I'm an ati you all have to say that nvidia is still better... ok... whatever...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102610
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150105
Right there...

Yeah I agree, and I have to say, thats impressive to what reviewers previously made out the ATI version to be.

I'm not a Nivida fan boy, or a ATI fan boy. I will just go for whats more productive and worth it at the time, and it used to be the 660GT for me, but now, I would probably get a 6800 or above.
When one of these cards drop down in price though, I have no idea what I'd go for, and yes the ATI one is cheaper at the moment :)

Impressive stuff though. But, they seem more equal than anything in alot of tests.
I mean on previously done benchmarks on the two cards, they were only a few frames off each other anyway, so I don't know what the fuss is about saying "ones better than the other".

What did you expect? Them to get exactly the same FPS on every test?

First of all, that's the XL, not the XT. And second....

jac006 said:
Thank you for insinuating that you do not the ropes of arguing. The logical fallacies you use are horrendous. Slippery Slopes, two quo que, etc. *sigh*

WTF? That's all I'm going to say about that. Anyway, I'm not just putting ATI down for no reason. I'm putting ATI down because nVidia beat them in all areas except for with the X1800XT. So if you want that card, I'm not saying you shouldn't. I'm just saying that, based on those charts, nVidia is the one who still owns.

Back
Top Bottom